HEDLAND® VARIABLE AREA FLOW METER - H-SERIES
- Flow Range
from 0.1 to 1100 l/min
from -29 to 204 °C
from 0 to 414 bar
Gas, Chemical/Petrochemical media, Oil, Water
The unique spring loaded design of this variable area flow meter for common fluids reduces viscosity sensitivity. Variable area meters are in-line meters.
The Hedland® variable area flow meters are the most readable products in their class to monitor a wide range of liquids, petroleum-based fluids, Phosphate ester liquids, water, water-based fluids or water/oil emulsions. A pneumatic series is also available for metering air and compressed gases.
All meters are available as basic flow meters, test kits or for high temperatures, corrosive liquids and gases.
Flow meter repeatability is within ±1%. This is particularly important in cyclical applications, which require consistent readings.
|Standard operating temperature||-20 to +240 °F (-29 to +116 °C).|
|High Temperature flow meter range||
-20 to +400 °F (-29 to +204 °C) continuous, and +400 to +500 °F (+204 to +260 °C) intermittent.
|Liquids operating pressure||
- Maximum operating pressure of aluminum and brass flow meters is 3,500 psi (241 bar) in ¼ to 1½ inch sizes and 800 psi (55 bar) for 3 inch meters.
- Type 303 and 316 stainless steel flow meters have a 6,000 psi (414 bar) maximum operating pressure in ¼ and ½ inch models and 5,000 psi (345 bar) maximum operating pressure in ¾ to 1½ inch models.
- All liquid flow meters are designed with a 3:1 safety factor. High temperature affects maximum operating pressure. Refer to pressure derating charts in the High Temperature flow meter section.
|Air / Gas operating pressure||
- Maximum operating pressure of aluminum and brass flow meters is 1,000 psi (69 bar) in ¼ to 1½ inch sizes and 250 psi (17 bar) for 3 inch meters.
- Type 303 and 316 stainless steel flow meters have a 1,500 psi (103 bar) maximum operating pressure.
- All air/gas flow meters are designed with a 10:1 safety factor.
- All pneumatic test kits are limited to a maximum operating pressure of 600 psi (41 bar) by the control valve pressure rating. Consult factory for high pressure use.
|Flow meetr certifications||
1. Certificate of Conformance
2. Calibration Certificate
3. Certified Drawing
- Petroleum-based 0.02 to 400 GPM/0.08 to 1514 LPM
- Water-based 0.02 to 325 GPM/0.08 to 1230 LPM
- Air/gas 0.5 to 1000 SCFM/0.24 to 472 LPS
|Standard Flow Scale||
- Standard liquid flow scales are calibrated in gpm and lpm at 0.876 specific gravity
- for petroleum-based fluids, 1.18 s.g.
- for phosphate ester based fluids and 1.0 s.g.